5.25.2014

Latest Obsession: Sign Painting





I recently took an old school Sign Painting workshop with the talented John Lennig of BIG TOP SIGN ARTS. This class was part of the Spring edition of Vancouver"s Got Craft? that I am sometimes a part of. John was also part of the Sign Painters documentary that was put together by Faythe Levine & Sam Macon. Definitely worth a look if you are interested in this craft and the people across America who are keeping it alive. The tradition of the hand painted sign and lettering is coming back in a big way and I think I'm hooked! There is some much more soul in anything handmade, even in the signs that are selling me things I should not be buying. 
Sorry blowtorch but I'm cheating on you with brush.
Time to paint an obscene amount of letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment